The plastics industry can also rely on the versatile possibilities of wood and the wood materials do not do without. Whether hardboard, KVH structural timber, plywood, chipboard raw or coated; all these materials are used according to their good properties in our joinery department for various applications.
A fixture made of wood is needed often and at different stages of FRP production:
- Mold and model making – for large-scale, geometric objects, e.g. in the field of
- Architecture or exhibition stands, the molds for laminating are made of wood
- Assembly jig in series production – in the production of the GRP series parts, for example, body parts are placed in a custom-made assembly jig made of wood for stabilization and are equipped and assembled with supplementary elements
- Reinforcement for shapes – for large-sized objects, the plastic sculptures are sometimes reinforced from the inside and remain bent on the inside
- Customized wooden platforms for large GRP plastics
- Packaging boxes made of plywood are used for transporting fragile objects up to a Size made from approx 2,5m x 2,5m
- Transport racks, transport rollers, large-sized pallets – are needed for the transport of GRP sculptures and serial products.
- Transport securing – when transporting the GRP objects in XXL format, it is often necessary to use an additional wooden structure for stabilization during transport.